Does Text Message Marketing Really Work?Wednesday, January 11, 2017
The Data Speaks For Itself.
Texting has been around for decades, but has only recently begun to be leveraged for its marketing possibilities. Though it was traditionally used exclusively as a way for people to communicate with friends, family, employees, and coworkers, businesses have recently discovered that it holds immense marketing potential. Keep reading to learn more about how text messaging marketing may benefit your business.
Text Message Marketing Stats
Text messaging is quick, easy, and convenient, which makes it one of the most strongly preferred methods of communication for both business and personal use. In order to help you understand the power and influence that text message marketing offers, we've compiled a few eye-opening statistics. The data speaks for itself.
- Millennials (adults ages 18-34) prefer texting with businesses over other forms of communication, such as email or phone. (OpenMarket)
- 97% of adults use the texting app on their smartphones at least once per day, making it the most widely used app. (PewResearchCenter)
- Text messages have a 98% open rate. (MobileMarketingWatch)
- On average, text messages are read within 5 seconds of being received. (SlickText)
- Over 90% of all text messages are opened within 3 minutes of being received. (ConnectMogul)
- The average user takes 90 minutes to respond to an email, but only 90 seconds to respond to a text. (Hubspot)
- Over 33% of business professionals claim that they cannot go longer than 10 minutes without responding to a text. (eWeek)
- Sales prospects who are sent text messages convert at a rate 40% higher than those who are not sent any text messages. (Velocify)
- Texting prospects after making contact over the phone or in person can improve conversion by more than 100%. (Velocify)
- 75% of people would like to have offers sent to them via text messages. (DigitalMarketingMagazine)
- Real Estate - Notify clients when open houses are scheduled or when new listings become available, or set up a unique short code for each listing and post it on the For Sale sign to generate leads and give buyers instant access to photos while in front of the property.
- Auto Sales - Notify clients when new inventory is added, service specials are running, and sales hit, or set up a unique code for ads and promos to generate leads.
- Appointment-Based Businesses - Remind clients of scheduled appointments.
- Bars & Restaurants - Notify patrons of what entertainment is scheduled for the weekend or of any specials that may be running.
- Education - Notify students and parents of cancellations.
- Boat Rentals & Dealers - Notify patrons of the weekend weather forecast to get them on the water, rental specials, or new inventory.
- Chambers & Large Events - Start building your SMS list now and use over and over to send reminders of upcoming events, and send real-time alerts and notifications during LIVE events!
While these examples can help give you a general idea of how text messaging may be able to benefit your business, the list is by no means comprehensive. Ultimately, text message marketing can be effective for practically any industry. All it takes is commitment and a little bit of creativity!
Contact Us For Help With Your SMS Marketing Campaign
MSW Interactive Designs is excited to announce that we are now offering
affordable text messaging marketing services to clients both locally and nationally. You can use your SMS marketing campaign to engage customers in any number of different ways, such creating scavenger hunts, conducting polls, creating loyalty programs, and conducting text-to-win campaigns. For more information about our SMS marketing services, visit our website at MSWInteractiveDesigns.com/text-messaging or call us at 573-552-8403. We look forward to talking with you!
~ Post by Bailey Puppel, Internet Marketing Specialist