7 Reasons to Use Visuals in Your Internet Marketing
MSW Interactive Designs, we have a visual element in every post that we create for a client's social media engagement campaign. Here are 7 reasons from Hubspot showing why you should start integrating visuals into your marketing strategy today!
1. Helps Grab Audiences' Attention.
The internet is cluttered with information and competition is tough these days. Make your content stand out with high quality, attractive images. It's important for business owners and social media marketers to do everything possible to grab the consumers attention and that's where visual elements come into play.
- 1.5 billion individual units of content
- 2 million videos are uploaded each day
- 140 million tweets generated every single day
2. Makes Up 93% of All Human Communication.
If you use text and graphics alone, your communication can suffer. Combining visual elements with well-written text can be your solution for capturing the attention of your audience.
- 93% of all human communication is practically non-verbal
- 90% of information that enters the brain is practically non-verbal
- 70% of all sensory receptors humans have are all concentrated inside a person's eye. The brain will then process up to 50% of information received by these visual receptors
The human brain can only process a very limited amount of information at any give time. Data that can be processed much faster than the rest will take precedence in grabbing the consumer's attention. For this reason, visuals make much better content as opposed to lines and blocks of text. Images are also a great way to generate more views, clicks and conversions.
- 1/10 of a second is all it takes for the brain to process visual information.
- The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than the time it take for the brain to decode text.
4. Generates More Social Media Views and Engagement.
The importance of visual content has been highlighted with the technological developments of social media sites. Marketers now use these channels everyday to promote their content and brands online. Facebook continues to update their algorithm and the News Feed. Images are now larger and more prominently displayed. Pinterest is now the 4th most popular social networking site and now Twitter is even pulling images and videos into its timeline.
- Generate up to 94% more views if you add compelling visual elements and graphics
- 14% more views can be generated by press releases if they contain photos when published
- Views can jump up to 48% if they contain both photos and videos
- Use of visual content in Facebook campaigns, generates 65% more engagement just after only a month's practice
5. Helps You Increase Your Subscribers and Followers.
Good, compelling visual content can generate more likes, comments and shares than updates that contain only texts and words.
- 37% increase in engagements from customers if the article is optimized by adding more compelling visual elements
- 40% of users online will provide better and more favorable responses to a particular piece of visual content than other plain and text-based content
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business whose images appear in local search results.
Adding visual elements to your marketing can help explain what you're trying to say. Your audience can better understand or appreciate your brand's message.
- 67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to be very important and carry even more weight than the product information, full description and customer ratings.
7. Influence Human Emotions.
The result of the psychology of colors which describes how certain colors and color combinations generate a particular type of emotion from a particular viewer. It can also influence how a particular viewer will take action, such as influencing their purchasing decisions.
Visual content marketing has become one of the most powerful internet marketing tools in the business world. The power of using visual content marketing is undeniable and as a business owner you should start using this stimulating and highly engaging way of reaching your customers. For help with you internet marketing, contact MSW Interactive Designs at 573-552-8403. Let us put the web to work for you!
~ Erin Burdette, Social Media Coordinator
MSW Interactive Designs ~ We Put the Web to Work for You!
Post a Comment