Highlight your Business on YouTube!
YouTube can be a valuable tool for small businesses to use and is gaining popularity every day. YouTube was initially designed for entertainment but it has now one of the hottest sources for people seeking products, help and information.
Here are some facts about YouTube:
· YouTube is the largest video sharing website in the world and the second most used search engine (Google is first).
· Twenty-four hours of video are uploaded every minute.
· Approximately one third of the US population is engaging with content available on YouTube.
· Average user visits the site 14 times per month and spend 25 minutes per visit
Here are 5 steps to help you get started:
1. Create an account. Go to www.YouTube.com and click on Create an Account. This process is self explanatory, but take time to consider your Username. This is the name that will be on your YouTube channel and will be seen by all viewers of your videos. Use your business name or a name that directly corresponds with your business.
2. Content is KING. Remember there are 24 hours of content being uploaded every minute – viewers are more likely to be interested in content that is quick, simple and interesting. Your content needs to meet a need in order to satisfy and engage viewers with your channel.
3. Don’t be intimidated by video production. There are many solutions out there to help every level of producer. If you do not have a video camera or do not wish to purchase one, you can use some great online tools for free. Masher.com and Animoto.com are two online sites that will allow you to upload your photos, add music and text and create a video slideshow that looks very professional.
4. Optimize your video for the best YouTube results. When creating your video, utilize keywords and tags so viewers looking for your information or product will be able to find you. The best way to do this is to simply put yourself in the seat of a potential client – what words would they use to search for your product/service? Once you have this figured out, be sure to use these words in the title, tags, and description.
5. Include a CLEAR call to action. Once someone views your video, you should create a desire for viewers to do something. Be sure that your video ends with a clear call to action so viewers know who to contact, how to get additional information, how to sign up for your newsletter, or what website to visit to order your product.
With YouTube being the second most used search engine, your business needs to have a presence there. It’s easier than you think, so get started with YouTube.com today!
Follow MSW Interactive Designs
Mike Waggett, MSW Interactive Designs LLC ~ We put the web to work for you!